Thursday, August 4, 2011

Starting a Business

Wow! Who knew starting a business would be so much work?  But then again, anything worth doing is a lot of work.  The key is planning, setting attainable goals, and realizing you can't do everything in one day. 

I must say,  I am so excited about the business.  It is not everyday I get to work with other fabulous moms and motivate them to take control of their lives.  Well soon it will be an everyday thing for me!  That is so amazing! 

So what exactly does my business do?  Why do I need this so called "cure for the common mom"?  Well, if you're like me, you have a big dream, big goals, and no money.  A dollar and a dream is a long shot right? Wrong!  It is more doable than you think.  You first have to change your thinking and the way you approach the concept of being a single mom.

Isn't it funny how everyone will tell you what you can't do?  People will make it seem like having children is a life threatening, debilitating disease.  So many people would tell me "Girl you got four kids to feed you can't afford (insert dream here)".  I would have to check them and check myself and say hey "I have kids, not Leukemia!"  I am not counted out of the game because of my overactive uterus!

Listen single ladies, single mothers, we can do anything we want.  We don't have to settle for the box everyone loves to put us in.  I'm not blowing smoke out my rear smoke pipe here.  I have been a single mom for nine years, and have learned a lot through trial and error, my own mistakes, and have gained a lot through God and my own diligence.  It is time  for us to get out of our own way and just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment